Thursday, October 27, 2022

My Happy Girl


 It has been three weeks since I last saw my sweet Shelley. And she remembered me and was thrilled to see me!

Talk about one happy momma and a happy daughter. It was a good day.

I had surgery and couldn't go see her. Her dad went in my place and sent me pictures.  He filled in well. He sang with her, just like I do. Several of the aides told me he had a wonderful voice, and he does, but they don't mention my singing abilities. 😉😉😉

Shelley loves music. In fact, most dementia patients do. They can recall words to songs when they can't recall how to talk.

Babies relate to music.  It's one of the first things they do, and I think responding to music is one of the last things people with dementia do.

Sing to your loved one!  It doesn't matter if you have a good voice or not.  Take a keyboard if you play. Dance with them to the radio. Don't be embarrassed with a lack of musical talent.  When we sing, dance, or play piano for our loved ones, it is for them, not us.


No comments:

Post a Comment