Friday, March 15, 2024

Featured in The Top 80 Dementia Blogs

 



I am surprised and grateful. My blog, this very one, "I'll Always Remember" has been selected as one of the top Dementia/Alzheimer's blogs featured on the Internet.

WOW!  WOW! WOW!

Anuj Agarwal, the Founder of Feedspot, said: “I personally give you a high-five and want to thank you for your contribution to this world. This is the most comprehensive list of Top 80 Dementia Blogs on the internet and I'm honored to have you as part of this!

I know many caregivers, and we all are looking for simple solutions to a few of our caregiving needs.  Now, we can find answers and inspiration for the tasks ahead in this extensive catalog from Feedspot.

You might be surprised at what people ask...such things as this: "What did you do to keep him from driving?"  Answers came like, "Hide the keys."  Or how about this one, "Unplug wires and tell him the car won't start." Sometimes we want to know if a certain medication works with their loved one.  Or we ask if yelling is normal. When did your loved one forget how to read?

We needed a comprehensive catalog, and this is it! Feedspot!  Click on the link at the bottom of this post and become a follower. I'm excited. This is my go-to place.

I started this blog several years ago with the idea of helping others on this dismal journey.  Ours is a bit unusual. We take care of our daughter. Most daughters take care of their parents.  It is backward and confusing. 


Gay and Shelley, 2017
She lived in an assisted living at that time.
After the adjustment, she loved the place.

It is difficult to write about Shelley. The illness robs her of mind and body. I keep in mind her dignity and try not to sound morose. If she could understand, she'd be happy to know she is helping someone.

At the end of each post, I share helpful hints for other caregivers. We learn from each other.

Helpful Hints.

1. Put the 80 Best Dementia Blogs on speed dial.
2. Keep checking the facility. We discovered the outlets in her room didn't work. What if the hospice equipment needed electricity? Who knew to check on the outlets?
3. I discovered her bed had only one sheet instead of two.

No comments:

Post a Comment